Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Basics Charity Challenge at Cara Quilts Blog

Are you like me and keep extra toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, toothpaste and shampoo in the cabinet so you won't be frustrated when you run out?  I even keep extra boxes of Kleenex just in case.  I was raised by a single mother with a high school education.  When she divorced my father, she had to go to work and her starting salary was 6,000 a year, with 4 kids to feed (2-10 yrs old)  So we frequently ran out of things when I was growing up and I can't recall ever having paper towels or Kleenex (we used toilet paper).  Now that I'm an adult, I don't want to run out so I keep extra around. 

Cara from Cara Quilts Blog ran across some folks at a shelter who put a sign out that said, need paper towels.  I'm only guessing....but I would suspect that the sign was probably put there by a frustrated staff person who had brought so much from home already they felt it was someone else's turn to help out.  If it were me.  I would do that.....just stick a sign out in the yard and see if anyone was willing to help.  Cara did help....she took them some paper towels.  I'm guessing most of you would have done the same thing....and I'm sure have done this....many times over.

Hop over to Cara Quilts Blog and read about here experience and challenge.  Not that any one of us would do this to win a prize....but let some of us shower a few prizes upon those who are willing to help out and join Cara in her compassion towards those who are in a scary transition in their lives.

Smiles (cuz I have paper towels, toilet paper, napkins AND Kleenex in the house),
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. I don't even think we have one in our area, will have to check it out, but i know they have them in the cities. I like the idea of making quilts for them to have, that they can use and keep when they leave.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My older adopted son arrived at home with a couple of diapers, some formula, 2 borrowed onesies, and an ABC Quilt. He still has it, still loves it. It was made by kids in Sunday School or VBS somewhere, probably in the Toledo area, but we'll never know. We just know how much it means to him and to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always better to give than receive.

    Hey, thanks, Kelly, for getting my retreat supplies to me so quickly. I know I still have one more item but I do so appreciate the kindness and promptness that went along with my order. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...